Hello and welcome to the RetargetLinks helpdesk! We are here to help answer your most commonly asked questions. Don't find an answer here? Submit a Request or Email us directly and we will get back to you within 24 hours!
Are you struggling to reach more people?
If you are looking to start or grow your funnel with RetargetLinks, you have come to the right place. Here are paid and organic ways for you to reach more people, increase brand awareness and grow your audience!
Top Of The Funnel: How To Grow Your Audience
Add us into your paid advertising strategy
This is the quickest way to grow your funnel and increase brand awareness. RetargetLinks allows you grow your audience while providing your users with exactly what they want: valuable content.
How to add us into your Facebook Ads Campaigns
Facebook is the one platform were 2.23 billion people spend their time connecting, communicating and looking for content to consume. One way to reach your audience within Facebook is to advertise to the Facebook community.
Now whilst you could use self-promotional ads, what has provenly worked better is promoting content that is valuable to your target market. Content not only allows you attract more users, but also allows you to segment your audiences in ways that Facebook might not allow you to.
Here is a hypothetical example from Pantene to get you started. Pantene wants to segment out users that have curly hair in order to advertise their new curly hair product line.
1) In order to reach the right audience, they pick an article in Cosmopolitan that is specifically for curly haired individuals: 18 Life-Changing Hacks for Curly Hair. They then shorten the link using the RetargetLinks system.
2) They then proceed to add this link to their Facebook ad. They add the RetargetLinks shortlink in the 'Website URL' field and the Cosmopolitan URL in the 'Display Link' field. The reason the URLs are added in this way is because the 'Website URL' field is the one you want to add your destination URL in. By adding the RetargetLinks URL into this field, you are able to tag the users that click on the URL and redirect to the final third-party article. And, by adding the third-party link into 'Display Link' field, you are able to leverage the brand's name and reputation as well as make it very obvious that the ad is promoting content and is not self-promotional!
How to add us in your Google Adwords Campaigns
Once you have both, follow these steps below to implement the retargeting component of the campaign:
1) Edit the campaign by clicking the edit/pen icon as shown here.
To insert a retarget link in your Google AdWords campaign, click the edit button as shown above.
In this case, we are using Dave Knox’s campaign for his new book on Corporate Venture “Predicting The Turn”. The ad points to the Amazon store where the book is sold.
2) Once you are in the ads dashboard, click on “Ad URL Options” (Advanced) to insert a retargeting link. Remember, you can generate a retargeting link within your RetargetLinks dashboard.
Click on “Ad URL” to insert your retargeting link in the short URL field.
In this case, we inserted the retargeting link: re.tc/amazon-dave-knox-predicting-the-turn.
Note one rule to remember: The domain name that appears in the ad (https://www.amazon.com/dave-knox/predicting-turn) must be the same as the destination domain name of the short link.
In this case (shown below), the domain names are both Amazon so the test will succeed.
Make sure the domain name of the AdWords ad is the same as the domain used to generate your short link (shown above).
Want more help? Check out these blog posts we have written on upping your Facebook game with RetargetLinks and more examples on search retargeting:
3 ways to up your Facebook advertising game with RetargetLinks: https://blog.retargetlinks.com/3-ways-facebook-advertising-game-retargetlinks/
What is search retargeting (including us in your Google search ads): https://blog.retargetlinks.com/search-retargeting/
Grow your audience organically with these tips
If you are looking to grow your audience organically, here are a couple of tips and tricks that will help you reach more of your target audience!
In order to reach and inform more users of your brand and products, it is important to reach your audience through every medium possible. Here are some ideas that our clients have used to reach more of their target market:
1) Social Groups: Take advantage of these great, free, online communities that exist on all social media channels. Share relevant and reputable content (owned or third party) on LinkedIn groups, Facebook groups and relevant slack channels without losing these users to the dark. With our short links, every user that interacts with your content (owned or third party) will be added to your retargeting audience! Here are some resources that might be helpful:
Discover new Facebook groups: https://www.facebook.com/groups/?category=discover
Find the best LinkedIn Groups: https://www.forbes.com/sites/williamarruda/2015/09/30/the-best-way-to-get-started-with-linkedin-groups/#27f2cf887e20
2) Influencers and Affiliates: Don’t have a strong audience at the moment? Use influencers and affiliate marketers to reach more people. Share a custom, personalized shortlink with each influencer and measure the performance via your own RetargetLinks dashboard! Added benefit - everyone that clicks on the influencer short links are automatically added to your retargeting audience as well! Here are some resources that might be useful:
How to get started with influencer marketing: https://kickofflabs.com/blog/get-started-influencer-marketing/
15 free influencer marketing tools to find influencers: https://influencermarketinghub.com/15-free-influencer-marketing-tools-to-find-influencers/
Bonus tip: Add in our Chrome Extension so that you never have to remind yourself to shorten a link again. With LinkedIn and Twitter not allowing you to edit your posts after they go live, the Chrome extension can be a life saver!
Struggling with getting more conversions? Check out this article: I Want To Improve My Conversion Rate: What Do I Do?
We hope this article was helpful in providing insight on where and how RetargetLinks can integrate into and boost your current marketing strategy.
While these are just some tips and tricks from our best performing clients, we have a bunch more in the roster. If you have a niche market and want more personalized information on how to create an efficient marketing campaign for your product, feel free to shoot us an email at email@example.com for a free 1:1 session!